Skip to main content

The three pattern dress that took a month to finish:Simplicity 8383



  Guys so my sewing mojo has been pretty much non- existent-hence the reason it has taken me over a month to finish the hem of this simple dress,lol..  This dress is Simplicity 8383 and I was so gun-ho  in making this dress, that I went out and purchased the pattern and paid full price, as I couldn't bare to wait the shipping out, then only to take a month to hem said dress that I just had to have :)..

This pattern is very easy. If you have any sewing experience, the instructions would not be of importance to you. The view that I made, view C, has only four pattern pieces:front, back, neck band, and the arm hole binding pattern pieces for the arm holes. I made the 16 and added four inches to the dress and I was still only able to do a tiny hem, so be mindful if you're only the taller end like myself. For the fabric, I used a rayon blend knit fabric that I purchased from a local vendor here in Hawaii some time ago, and I really adore the drape and movement of this fabric.



I also chose to leave off the zipper. I found that I was able to easily get this over this huge head just fine, so I just left the zipper off. For the hem, I just did a standard twin needle, but this project really had me jonesing for a cover-stitch machine, and I  may just have to get one, hmm..


My other passion: getting in shape!
But in other non sewing news, I've been busy keep myself active. Doing a ton of Zumba, Turbo Kick, Cardio Kickboxing and hiking. Also,my husband also came home from deployment recently, so it's been so awesome just having my other half home for a few.. Here are few happenings that I've been up to lately. You can follow me over on IG @sewmytime if you'd like to.


Lanikai Pill Box Hiking trail



Wearing M7543 out with the hubby last Saturday!

 Well, that's all I have for now, guys! I'm not sure what's up next. I'm just trying to get back into the flow of things, ya know?! 
                    
         ~As Always Be Blessed and Nothin' Less and Continue to Stay Fearlessly Fierce! ~Candice

Comments

  1. That is the cutest dress Candice. Love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this on you! You can see that all of your hard work has paid off...lovely dress on a beautiful woman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolyn! It's sure isn't easy, but it's worth it! Thanks again, Carolyn.

      Delete
  3. If you are not a professional model, you should be - you are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not Katt, but that sure would be an awesome opportunity!

      Delete
  4. If you are not a professional model, you should be - you are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Candice, I love this dress on you! The color of the fabric and the style is simply elegant! Also, I agree with Katt (above)...you are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definitely hit this one out of the park!! Love the color on you! I am helping a friend make this pattern in version B I believe. I'll check out your IG. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look fabulous. The dress and color look great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That color is everything! It may have taken a while to finish it but it was worth it. You look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! The color, the fit, the drape - perfection! And I know exactly where you took the dress pics :-). Fort Shafter was my last duty assignment; I can't believe it's been two years since I left the island! I miss the hiking so much. Continue to enjoy the beautiful weather and having your hubby home!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's a ruffle kinda of season :Vogue 9243

Guys have you ever started a project, and were quite excited to make the garment, but halfway through finishing, you suddenly lose interest? Well, that was my story. I have never been so ready to call a garment done in my life,lol.


This pattern is seriously not hard at all, technique wise, that is. I mean, once you get over having to hem those four flounces if you do the view that I made, which is view F. However,  I'm just kinda of meh about this project. I  think because I loved McCall's 7542 so much, and was hoping the same for this top too, but nope!



 The neckline on this one is enormously large! I didn't catch this when I tissue fitted the pattern, but I have been more diligent in exercising and eating better, so I don't know; maybe I lost a few pounds, which could have caused the neckline to be large. However, if you look closely at the model on the cover, it looks to be a little large on the model's neckline as well, so something to note.



 Let's get …

I'm just here for the sleeves: M7542

It's no secret, that these sleeves are in everywhere now days! I'm mean, I'm just here for the sleeves myself,lol.

 I loved this pattern at first glance, and I even loved all of the other views that were accompanied within the pattern. I don't think that has every happened for me, now that I  think about it.


 Now looking over the instructions prior to starting this project, I was fairly confident that everything was going to be a breeze, and they were for the most part( however comma) (yes I had to write it out because I would totally say this in real life, lol!)

However, those darn sleeves gave me a run for my money, well not the sleeve itself, but the hem!




 I'm no rookie when it comes to hemming curved hems, or so I thought, because every method I tried was basically like, nope, try again, LOL! 
 After what seemed like an eternity and having to re-cut out an entirely different flounce, I was able to get a decent hem on the flounce of the sleeve. I just used Mc…

Not singing the blues, but lovin' this chambray blue dress: Simplicity 1059 Review

Happy New Year y'all! It's a new year, full of new possibilities. In looking back on 2016,I must say that I really had a great year, introspectively speaking.

 In 2016, I really embraced all of who I am; learned more about myself and being okay with that! I say being being okay with that, simply because, we tend to allow ourselves to be boxed in, or we allow others to box us into their mold of who we should be according to their perception of us.





2016 taught me, that it's quite okay if you don't fit in a box, that truly being "Fearlessly Fierce"  ,  means to walk in "YOUR PURPOSE"! 
 For instance, I/you, may never be a seamstress that plays by the rules, making a muslin until you get the perfected fit or have the most couture finishes. 
 That's okay too! 2017, I plan to walk even more fearless in my purpose, in whatever capacity that it may be  for me..


 I am wishing each and everyone of you a wonderful and prosperous New Year. I hope that this …